About the job
The ideal candidate will thrive on working within a start-up biotech environment, where your science academic background and hands on experience in processing of clinical laboratory testing will contribute to our effort in Covid-19 fighting.
Most importantly, you MUST be passionate about health & wellness. Individuals which do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
Let's fight COVID-19 together for Hong Kong and make Hong Kong safe again. This is a unique opportunity to make a difference to the community and to play a role to fight COVID-19 here in Hong Kong. The faster we identify, the faster we can stop the virus chain! Please note that all safety guidelines and protocols will be met to ensure safety for everyone.
- Assist Medical Laboratory Technician for the specimens pre-processing steps, equipment calibration, solution preparation and daily operational maintenance
- Conduct assigned laboratory and administrative tasks to ensure timely delivery and accuracy of tests
- Comply with all current best-in-class laboratory practices and laboratory standard operating procedure and company policies and procedures
- Handle ad hoc record data into the laboratory system and databases
- Perform quality control and external proficiency testing
- Bachelor Degree in Biomedical Science / Medical Laboratory Science or related field e.g. Molecular Biology / Genomics / Biochemistry
- Experience in processing of clinical laboratory testing would be an advantage
- Fluent in Cantonese and English, writing and speaking, fluency in Mandarin a plus
- Strong sense of teamwork and able to work under pressure
- Comfortable and flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Shift and weekend duties are required, extra monetary incentives for overnight shifts
- Strong commitment to the vision and mission of Prenetics and our focus on Health and Wellness
- Ability to work independently
- Candidates who are able to do night shifts are strongly preferred